Our Holiday Cheer Program helps families through the holidays by providing gift assistance, wrapping supplies, and hosting a special party just for our fighting families
The HCP provides gift assistance to families with a child who is in active treatment or up to 2 years post treatment to the child diagnosed and their siblings. The Holiday Cheer Party is open to ALL families who have been impacted by children’s cancer.
Please join us to visit with Santa, make holiday crafts, and enjoy a holiday dinner with old and new friends.
How it Works
Apply online (See below)**** Extended deadline to 10/31/2018***
Once you apply we will review your application and reach out to the listed social worker to confirm financial need (please make sure you have made them aware so they can have your letter ready).
Once you are approved we will request a wish list for each child to be turned in with 10 days of your approval date.
The items will be added to an amazon wish list and can be purchased by anyone. The gifts will be directly mailed to Ishan Gala Foundation. Ishan Gala Foundation will do its best to purchase remaining gifts.
For those that can attend the party, the gifts will be loaded into your vehicle discreetly (We want YOU to choose who the gifts are from—Santa, you, etc.). If you are unable to attend the party you will need to make arrangement to pick of the gifts before 12/21 from Charlottesville
To qualify for gift assistance:
- A child under the age of 18 who has been diagnosed with cancer and is is active treatment or up to 2 years post treatment
- Must live in Virginia
- Must have a letter of expressing financial need from social worker
- Siblings must be under 18
- Must be able to attend Holiday Cheer Party or be able to arrange to pick up gifts before 12/21/2018 from Charlottesville
- Must not be receiving any other holiday assistance
To qualify for Holiday Cheer Party:
- Must have a child (under the age of 18) that has been diagnosed with cancer that is in active treatment or up to 5 years post treatment
- Live in Virginia
- Siblings invited as well
- No phones, game systems, designer products (such as Coach, Michael Khors, Kate Spade, etc)
- Items not guaranteed, but we will try our best to fulfill all wishlists
Are you a fighting family in need?
*Must Submit Application by 10/19/2018*
Apply for Gift Assistance
Not applying for gift assistance, just attending the party on 12/15
How to Help
There are 3 ways to support the our fighting families during the holidays:
- Purchase a gift or multiple gifts from the wishlist (Available once we receive the wishlists)
- Make a donation to support the holiday meal gift cards, purchasing gifts, and the holiday party
- Volunteer to help with the Holiday Party
Are you a Business or Organization looking to help?
- Become a Sponsor
- Host a Wrapping Supply Drive